When people gather outside at worksites or social events, there is an expectation that portable sanitation products will be somewhere nearby. This mindset that portable restrooms will be accessible is shared across the country, from here in the Arizona Valley to New York City and everywhere in between. At Waste Rentals, we are proud to provide an essential service to people in the Phoenix area.
Equally important to serving citizens of the Valley is the fact that portable sanitation plays a key role in protecting the environment. Without portable restrooms, the world would be a much dirtier place.
Portable Sanitation’s Role in Environmental Protection
Did you know that just one gram of human feces can contain one trillion germs? Portable sanitation solutions like portable restrooms help protect against the spread of diseases and illnesses.
There are many ways portable sanitation benefits the environment:
- Personal cleanliness – Portable sanitation helps maintain high standards of cleanliness, especially handwashing.
- Improvement of public health – Without proper sanitation, germs can quickly spread everywhere, including doorknobs, computers, tables and even person-to-person via handshakes or other personal contact. This includes especially harmful germs like coronavirus, salmonella, E. coli and more. Portable restrooms and sinks help keep public health from spiraling.
- Proper human waste disposal – Porta-potties give people a proper place to relieve themselves when indoor plumbing isn’t available. Portable toilet rental companies are subject to disposal regulations and safely transport waste and dispose of it at proper dump sites to prevent waste from contaminating drains, streams and groundwater.
- Plant and animal protection – Porta-potties help keep human waste from spreading diseases to plants and animals.
- Insect and parasite control – Flies, cockroaches and similar insects can spread diseases by coming into contact with human waste. Portable toilets help limit insects’ access to waste.
Portable Restrooms Save Water
Of all the great benefits of portable toilets, water savings is arguably the most significant. Portable Sanitation Association International (PSAI) found that portable restrooms save 125 million gallons of water every day. This equates to 45 billion gallons per year!
Reducing Fuel Usage
Porta-johns also help construction companies be more efficient and save fuel, which is good for the companies and the environment.
PSAI did a study that found that if every construction worker on the job site left just once per day to find a restroom, it would result in a $10 billion loss in productivity each year. In addition, the fuel costs for those trips off-site would total more than $280 million!
But because of portable restrooms, workers don’t need to leave, and vehicles don’t need to burn additional gas.
Earth-Friendly Supplies Available
Portable restrooms themselves aren’t the only things that benefit the environment. The supplies used in them also can be Earth-friendly. For example, 100% recycled toilet paper and eco-friendly chemicals can be used to stock porta-potties.
Celebrating Portable Sanitation with World Toilet Day
Every year on November 19th, World Toilet Day is held to celebrate toilets and raise awareness of the 3.6 billion people living without access to safely managed sanitation. It is about taking action to tackle the global sanitation crisis. Our industry exists to help make the world a cleaner, healthier place.
Playing a Part in Keeping the Planet Clean
Working in portable sanitation can be a thankless job at times, but those in the industry are motivated by the fact that the work they do is important and helps protect the environment. Our team at Waste Rentals goes above and beyond every day to provide customers around the Phoenix area with portable restrooms and sinks that will help keep the region clean!